Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day; A Recollection of this Weekend

Today is Father's Day and it's ok.

Yesterday, I finished the Provo Riverwoods 10mi run at approx. 1hr 20min. It was fun.
I met Danielle there and at the top of the run we did a little trailrun warmup and experienced the morning meadow and green of this tranquil canyon.

I started the run at a moderate pace. I felt I could've gone WAY faster but decided to hold back and just flow with it. At mile 5 I decided it was time to pick up the pace and see what I could do. It was good that I went slower for the first 5 miles because toward the end of mile 10 my body was exhausted but not extremely spent.

Today, Father's Day, I had to work. I don't mind working sundays except when it totally throws off my groove of peacefulness...like, today. I mostly attribute my lack of enthusiasm at work to the fact that my body is still on the mend. Later, toward the last of my work day I drank a Rockstar energy drink and I was fit as a fiddle.

I called my father. The call went straight to voicemail and I left a message. I did talk to my little brother Josh though. It was nice to talk to a family member. I don't do that as oft as I know I should.

I wonder if life's cards has "father" in it's hand for me.
Who knows.