Thursday, October 29, 2009

Metallica: Master of Puppets







After work I decided it was time to purchase another album. So I hurried myself on my bicycle to Graywhale and bought Metallica's Master of Puppets album. I've never listened to it before but have always been curious about Metallica's older stuff. I figured the stuff is classic, like Pink Floyd, so I couldn't really go wrong.


I wish it had a digital download option like my Health album did. Guess I'm going to have to transfer it to digital format manually.


I purchase my music in LP format whenever possible. I like the idea of music on a very tangible and almost obsolete medium. The quality is there, unlike cassettes and will not loose it's magnetic properties like cassettes tend to do. Over all, it's just WAY better than cassettes. However, when comparing with CDs it's different. The audio quality is there but something else is missing. Perhaps it's that I can manually place the needle at any place on the song that I can visually see, in effect, like a sampler. Or perhaps it's that the album art is HUGE when compared to the tiny liner notes found in CD cases. Sometimes albums come packaged with posters that are quite respectable. I'm not exactly too sure what the attraction is, but whatever it is, I feel more connected to what the musician(s) intended the listener to experience whilst listening to their art.