Monday, July 12, 2010

Screening; Inception

As a student going into architecture this movie is brilliant! Go to IMDB and check it out.
My friend Anna invited me to a free screening of this movie that I've never even heard about. I don't see why I haven't because this movie has very talented people: DiCaprio, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ellen Page, Ken Watanabe, Cillian Murphy, Marion Cotillard & Michael Caine. 
The plan is simple, plant an idea inside someone's head by actually being in their dreams. The movie however, diving layers into a person's mind, renders a menagerie of story lines together to form a whirlwind of different genres into one, very successfully.
I applauded at the ending because of how well the story was executed. Visually, it was a treat and never let me down, always in good taste. Architecturally it was a treat to see elements of design made significant, trumpeting just how integral design is to our waking (or dreaming) world. The story fit neatly together and unfolded appropriately. I would most certainly use my hard earned money to see this film again and recommend my friends to do so as well :D Good Job Christopher Nolan!